View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocktimusPryme View Post
This is where our disagreement is though. I DONT think you have to do all the same things to the newer shortblocks. You can, and its better to do so, I wouldn't argue that. But also, I think there is enough evidence of dudes running factory short blocks now that it wouldn't bother me that much to do the same thing.

I would feel at least marginally confident just re-ringing a used LS block. Maybe bearings. But otherwise all OEM parts. I wouldn't feel the same about a junkyard 400. You are always gambling with used parts, but I think the gamble is way less with a newer motor.
Correct. Agree and to take that further, this is where that thinking is flawed. Where are people going to find a 60 year old used 400 that's in good enough shape to do the things people are doing to current used LS engines??? You just aren't. Doesn't happen these days.

The whole reason LS engines are being bought and retrofitted is because they aren't that old, low mile examples are everywhere, and it's cheap and simple to buy and plunk in, add a few performance parts and you're on your way. That doesn't happen anymore on a production engine that's been out of production for the last 40 years people, lol.