View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 03:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default You should only need to show comparable value to prove what the block's value is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transamric View Post
Thanks! I'll need it.

Seller did put insurance on the block. But so far, everyone I've talked with says it's pretty much worthless. You can't prove to the shipping company what the value of something is when there isn't another one to compare it with. Also you can't prove the condition of something that can't be found. Doesn't mean I won't be trying though. Might have to lawyer up!
If the shipper declared a value and the freight company accepted the shipment, they are pretty much on the hook unless THEY can prove that the item is worth less than that.

As far as not being another one to compare it with, that's probably not the case. We've got TWO not-YET-spoken-for SD455 blocks. One is a 1974-dated Y8 and the other is a 1974-dated Service Replacement block. They are not currently for sale, but, as the old saying goes, 'Everything is for sale at the right price'. I'm sure there are other SD blocks out there with owners who might not be thinking about selling them.

Message me directly if you need any documentation of the 'replacement value' for the freight company.

More wishes for good luck! It would be nice if they could just figure out where it is sitting......

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe's Garage For This Useful Post: