View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cruise Night ... Curb my enthusiasm!

Now that the GTO is running it's personal best, I polished her up and headed for a local Sunday cruise night haunt I used to frequent. I was concerned with parking but as it turns out, only about a dozen cars showed up. They had a promoter/DJ with a sound trailer set up. Met a nice guy there with an orange '72 Lemans w. white side stripes and had a chat and then took a 10 minute walk-around and looked at the cars.

It was Sunday evening which accounts for the lack of turnout but the weather was very comfortable and I thought more cars would show. I decided to patronize the sponsor and order some food and a beer so I
went to the outdoor patio bar to order. There were a couple tables occupied by families eating and enjoying the weather. After a 15 minute wait, I finally got a waitress and ordered. She plopped a small bowl of popcorn down (no beer) and then disappeared. After another 20 minutes of waiting for my food and still no beverage, so did I.

I guess it's all uphill from here. What's your experience with these cruise nights in your area?