View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 02:02 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxwolf321 View Post
Your dead, what does it matter where your stuff goes? why not live now and enjoy what you built rather then worry about what happens to it down the road. As old as these cars are, it will eventually make its way into the hands of a car nut again.
This is exactly why I am dividing all goodies up to my kids now; they all have open door to came ask and get anything they want right now, I prefer it this way. I get pleasure in seeing who wants what for the right reasons. On my young ones I am packing bags with my stuff and including letters of what they meant to me, why I am giving it to them, and any other important information. Books, redlines, WWII items, family treasures, guitars, and so forth. My brother is going to hold these bags for them until they are 18; a little money too for them

I am VERY happy to know it all goes where it is wanted and will be used. The only one I am struggling with at this point is Shay, he wants all my car stuff left but has nowhere to store it. As it can't be guaranteed safe keeping here in my house after my wife takes over; I am 99% sure my wife will do the right thing, but something out of her control might happen.

I would love to give many things to Gary; but he has like 10,000 X's the stuff I have every had combined in my life, so he doesn't need more. I can't have a good conscious in giving him more; when I'm trying to get him to shed the majority of his load for his peace of mind.

You don't realize what a burden it is on your heart to have all this excess; until you shed some. Then you find a happier place; at least some will.

My favorite verses of all times, KJV Matthew 6:

Quote:
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.