View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
1) You mentioned that you had checked the timing, what was the timing with the "Other Carb" that was on the engine previously?

2) You did not give any history on the engine or the basic facts of the engine or the Carb size, what the jetting was before you changed it, same deal for the squirter, etc..
Pretty hard to make any recommendations when there are so many grey areas in your post.

Much more info please:
List Number on the air horn of the carb is a start but we need to know if it is the right carb for the application.
Basically a generic post that says I have a problem and no other real info.

If you post that Engine/carb Info, Shaker455, myself, Darby, and several other people on the board who are good carb guys could make suggestions as well as me.

Tom V.
The carb is new out of the box 4150HP Pn # 0-80513-1, 1,000cfm, mechanical sec, down leg boosters. (previous carb was a 1050 quickfuel annular boosters and I screwed up shaker 455 tuned it and it was great shoulda kept it, but with the new engine configuration I figured best to start with another carb) see pics, Same engine, changes are: previous intake was an edelbrock victor with Wilson 1" spacer, now an edelbrock performer rpm no spacer. previously ran headers, now round port manifolds. current carb had 84 pri jets, changed to 87 (didn't have 86) squirter was a 31, had a 41 so put it on. (the quickfuel was 86/94 jetting)

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 11:04 AM.