View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 01:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't follow around here as much as I used to, so I'm asking...what car did you put this in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenga View Post
Just thought I would share. I bought a Lares 1105 steering box to replace the original box to my car, and it was horrible. I could turn the wheel from center two-three inches each direction and the car would not respond. Also, the power assist was very low I assume due to the incorrect torsion bar size. I hated driving the car after this.

I then installed the Borgeson and its awesome. Correct power assist is back. No dead zone on center. Used their brass flare inserts for the hose connections. Instructions say to tap brass flare adapters in with a punch but mine fell in. No punch needed. One of the mounting holes has a clearance issue when using the stock frame bolts. The end of the bolt will hit the steering box body after you torque it down. You can Dremel it shorter, but I just used 3 washers. Borgeson says to use their rag joint but I preferred a factory style rag joint and got one from Lee Power Steering.

Spend the extra money and get a Borgeson.