View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 11:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

More time today. I decided to stab in the trans to check fitment and gear up to fab the crossmember mounts. One thing that always bugged me was transmissions are never flat on the bottom - always rolling about. I flipped the TKX on it's top and took a hard look. I noted that 2 of the lower bolts could be made to hold a "base" so to speak, so a few minutes of fab work and this is what I got:

Sits on some stacked milk crates atop a rolly cart just fine - quite stable. I ran the vehicle lift all the way up,then laid the trans on it and rolled it under the car - then lowered the car. Slid in perfectly - hopefully she is just as trampy when the clutch and other components are in place.

I was able to reuse the stock trans support and mounts - fit in perfectly,
The rear mount will need a 1/2 - 3/4" shim to get to the proper driveline angle and one corner of the shifter porch will need a quick visit from the singlejack to clear the shifter mount.

All in all not a bad day, though the shifter shows signs of being a real bugger. Hurst makes a shifter called the Sidewinder that would have solved this but requires machining to the tailhousing to work.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trans foot.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	591700   Click image for larger version

Name:	trans stack.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	591701  

Last edited by Scarebird; 05-28-2022 at 11:49 PM.