Thread: headlights
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott65 View Post
After reading post 32, to me that seems like the bulbs go in either position. Still unsure about the lenses.
The bulbs that I like to use are clockable (Lightening Dark) so they can be rotated inside the lens which will affect the beam pattern. They do come with instructions to explain the position they are supposed to be in, which provides a nice beam pattern. However they can be moved to tweak the beam pattern to your taste.

What I've found is that when they are rotated away from the recommended install position, it tends to spread out the beam. Great for visibility but oncoming drivers won't like it much LOL Many of the H4 LED's on the market now have the ability to be rotated like that. Some don't and are fixed.

The Lightening Dark bulbs I linked to earlier have the male plug integrated into it, just like the incandescent bulbs have, so your existing harness will plug right into it.

The lenses themselves install into the headlight buck just like your incandescent bulbs do, retained with the stainless ring.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE