View Single Post
Old 02-25-2023, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The machinist asked me to come by yesterday so he could show me what he's up to. Although it's been a very long wait, I'm impressed to see the level of care and attention he's been putting into the heads and that's worth the extra time to me.

The valve springs are all setup for the proper installed height and correct seat pressure. The guides are all finished and cut to the proper height for the stem seals. The exhaust seats (a hot topic around here!) are installed and finished and look like jewelry. He started blending the seats into the bowls which looked great to me and is beyond what I was expecting. Between the intake and exhaust port matching and the blending, these things ought to flow pretty well for not being fully ported.

This is probably a regular practice for a machinist, but he has a log book of all his past builds with all the machine work details and was able to show me previous Pontiac heads he did and why he made the choices he did. As you all know, these heads aren't cheap or plentiful so hearing his rationale and talking through the work in detail put me at ease that we're not messing anything up.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0575.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	607883   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0577.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	607884   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg
Views:	301