View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

My car was born the fourth week of May (05D) so 2-Q would be correct, but they only make 1-Q and 3-Q wires. My hose clamps are correct though I don't know why I'm doing the date code thing. Just for fun I guess because there's no way this car would pass any kind of judging.

In a funny coincidence, one of the #16 heads on the car had the same casting date as one of RAII heads (D228).

My machinist is totally analog. He's been in business since 1954 and is old school so you gotta call him on the phone or show up at his shop. In fairness, he answers every time I call and refuses to take any money until the job is done. I'm not out anything besides time, but I am running short of patience.

He's been doing a lot of Harley and late model heads recently, so I figure he's putting mine off because it's a heavy cast iron V8 head as opposed to a small piece of aluminum. Earlier in the year there was no rush because I didn't have the rotating assembly and they just got back burnered. I'm getting close to driving over there and mounting them on the Serdi myself to get the job done.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)