View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm happy to have options also. But the fact of the matter is Speedmaster's fully machined heads are mediocre at best. The CNC work looks like a student's class project that they would be lucky to get a C grade with. The thin spot in the intake bowl that can affect the valve seat press is enough by itself to keep these heads out of the "darn good" category. That limits their horsepower potential and if you push the envelope you'll have a good chance of being an Internet horror story just like the many that are already out there. They're not a bad head especially if your goals are in the 500-600 horsepower range, you don't mind straightenging them out and considering the Holiday price. But they are far from great and their machine work is orderline crap.

If the heads were sold at full retail I'm confident their sales numbers would be quite different along with folks opinions of them. The half dozen sets of heads we've worked on all parallel my comments in this thread

https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...errerid=134156

Anyone remember the bargain Fluidampners that were sold about fifteen years ago that had a habit flying off the crankshafts?