View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 03:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairnacho View Post
It's getting hot in town and gets to 210 with stock it was only 190. Thermostat is a 160 . Is the stock radiator a 3 or 4 row on an auto Base 350 model? I thought autos where 4 row and sticks 3 row.
stock for a 350 would have been a 3 row, at least my 350 auto was for 72.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairnacho View Post
My friend ordered a new radiator 2 electric fans from ebay . It's a 3 row radiator a 160 thermostat and still running hot he has a stock 350 with a 4 barrel carb. Stock water pump too. I suggested the Jim bultet hiflow pump. Any more advise, please it has been flushed too and fan directly connected to the ignition so the turn on when engine turns on.
He has a nice 1970 esprit and is new to Pontiacs and needs our help. The 350 original engine has 11 heads and rebuilt to 389 too. I will post pics of his radiator too
can you clarify a few things? you said he has a stock 350, but then said "rebuilt to a 389??" you said the engine was flushed, how? if its the stock water pump its safe to assume it has the rear plate, tubes. new t-stat should be working ok. if you replace the water pump be sure to clearance the gap between impeller & plate, most guys say it needs to be done but others say they never do it on higher power engines with no problems but its a good idea to do it.

best to get rid of those electric fans & shroud & go to a stock fan with clutch. electric fans can work if they are good brands with high CFM airflow, those no name ebay fans are most likely junk.