View Single Post
Old 05-01-2024, 03:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Two other things Stephens heads were ported by Butch Elkins .diamond automotive.
The engine was built by Bernie cincetti of competition automotive
It ran 660 center squirters on 2 inch spacers supplied by Pontiac engineering.
Arnie ran a bigger carb that needed a spacer that offset the carbs due to size. Also on a 2 inch spacer.

An interesting note is that I could have gotten the engine earlier. . Ken previous owner told me about it and I went to see it. When I got there there was 5 fords in the driveway. I knew the V head was based off tunnel ford port heads. I left and thought well this is a ford engine someone has it confused. My friend Howard bought it from Ken and I eventually bought it from Howard who was gracious enough to allow me to have the Stephens stuff be all together in one place.

Frank who posted it online here was very excited to see thw V in the Stephens car. The Weeknd I got it running he passed away and never got to see it run I was very sad about that he would have enjoyed it. Litterally missed it by a day There was one owner before Ken after bill Eckstrom had
the V , I forgot his name right now I’ll try and add it later. He bought a RAIV and RAV from Stephens racing program. I have both those engines now.

My RaIv car had the RAII engine from the 68 RAII GTO installed in it and was raced with that short block because it was already balanced and blueprinted by Jack Merkel , NHRA allowed it since both engines were 9792506 and I (belive) have that short block. Another boats or item was that in the succession of pictures of my RAIv car the tach suddenly become grey or black from yellow. I asked bill Eckstrom why and he said it had a light in it .( I thought to myself they all had lights in them) For 20 years I didn’t know what he meant but we talked about it again and he said it was. Shift light. It was sent w the rest of the RAV parts and because the RaV 70-73 car had a full glass nose , the tach went in my car. Sadly I don’t have the tach it was taken off in 1978.
Although I know the person who owned it then, all efforts to get any info on where it may have gone , have gone no where.

Another interesting thing. When talking about the 70 -73 pro stock car bill said “ I got the seats from herb adams. They were trans am
Seats. “ Again this was early 90s - I thought trans am / formula what’s the difference. ( bill is a man of few words). I found out MUCH later ( 2010 ish ) he meant the seats they used in the trans am racing circuit cars A low back all riveted
Aluminum race seat. Kind of like a kirkey but low back

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 05-01-2024 at 03:33 AM.