View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I spent considerable time at the Norwalk event talking to people I thought might be able to offer a little assistance tuning my engine with the bathtub intake. Spoke at length with both David and Rodney Butler, Arnie Beswick, Dimitrie Toth, and others. All have experience with the various Bathtub replicas and original Bathtubs and AFB carburetors. Everyone i spoke to seemed to feel a 4-hole spacer was a must to make this set-up work better . So I ordered a couple spacers today. Was trying to avoid using any spacers due to limited hood clearance. But if needed, I will run them. Also, everyone agreed the iron long branch exhaust manifolds are not adequate for this displacement and cam, heads and induction system. So I borrowed a pair of Hooker competition 4 tube headers for dyno comparison purposes only. Plan to run again Wednesday or Thursday. I will share results. This will be my last dyno session as the engine will have to be removed for school to start next week. Hope to pick-up another 20 HP or so with the spacers, jetting and timing. Maybe another 20-25 HP with a good set of headers. We will see.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgarblik For This Useful Post: