View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 07:52 AM

What a great time capsule, glad it is being preserved. It’s hard to believe these great barn finds keep popping up.

In 1970, while still in high school I worked part time at a transmission shop. I replaced a lot of motor mounts on 65-70 Chevy’s. I can remember several times cars were towed in because they were dangerous. Under the right conditions cars with automatics could be started while in gear, even though the shift quadrant indicated it was in park. The engine could torque over because of the broken left mount, as the engine torqued the design of the throttle linkage would raise the engine rpm and sometimes simultaneously pull the vacuum line out of the power brake booster. Causing the car to leap forward with just the turn of a key. I personally witnessed this phenomenon twice, Very alarming the first time it happens because the car takes off with reduced braking ability. Fortunately the shop owners had a rule, to always start cars with one foot on the brake. My apologies for hijacking this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to 5th TA For This Useful Post: