View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 09:56 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
Something is really amazing with some folks on this site!
They give a big Thumbs up to someone who as dropped a 535 cid motor in there PONTIAC , yet when a guy can’t decide between yanking his 400 out to drop in a 428 he gets all sorts of crap thrown at him from the never over a 400 crowd, lol!
I SEE IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND, I see 10 + old timers with lots of Pontiac Experience saying build the 428 engine and drop it in the 2+2.

Building a 428 from pieces is painful at times but he has the majority of parts in a complete engine with needing a compression ratio drop to run today's pump fuel. GOOD pistons are available from Ross, Diamond, JE, among others. I have a set of custom WISECO Forged Pistons with a custom Compression Height. (Also known as a "Dial in your own Compression Ratio") and I have plenty of valve to piston clearance with the camshaft I run.

Good rods, custom pistons and rings for a minimum bore job on the 428 block and 670 heads and you are good to go.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.