View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
No, I get many friend suggestions but these are actual requests.
Ken, I think that's where I screwed up. I believe at least one of the people I accepted probably has like 1 million friends and now all of a sudden a lot of the request I'm getting are from people who have only one friend in common and when I check many times it's the same guy.
At this point I'm just ignoring them. I've gotten at least 20 more since I started this thread yesterday.
I'm beginning to think that it is a Facebook's automatic feature. I don't really believe all of those people are requesting my friendship.
Another thing that I've noticed over the years is that I sometimes get friend requests from people that I'm pretty sure I'm already friends with from years ago.
Like einstein, I'm reluctant to suspend the account but only for the sake of a very few people. Mostly younger relatives who do a lot on those sites. I have suspended the account before and I'm very close to doing it again.

My "friend suggestions" aren't friend requests. A request if I respond "accept" I am now that persons friend. A suggestion would be me sending that person a request and I would need that person to accept. I think that's FB trying to expand everyone's base.