Thread: UPS Blues
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 07:40 PM

Default USPS

I have actually had good luck with the postal system. I received two magnetos from two entirely differant coasts. I live in Lower Michigan, and ordered one from a fellow in California, and one from a fellow in Florida. Both mags were received damaged. A claim was filed on each and the Post office settled the claims both times. On another occasion, I sent a windshield for a three wheel Cushman truckster to a fellow in North Carolina and it arrived broken in half. It was very securely packaged with one inch stryofoam on each side and triple wrapped in cardboard. It still arrived broken. A claim was filed, and within 30 days they paid off. I have had claims with UPS take between 60-90 days. The last one took the longest to settle. The ebayer that I purchased the item from dropped the item off at a "professional" packing company to package and ship the item. In my opinion, it was poorly packaged, but because of the volume of shipping they do with UPS, the claim was finally settled.
I personally prefer to ship either US postal for small items or Fed EX. Fed Ex is hard to get an account set up with but it was worth it in my opinion. On just one item, they were $36.00 cheaper than UPS. That was just one box out of seven that I shipped that day. They all went to the same person, and in turn he was able to save a bunch on shipping!!

Again this is only my opinion and experience.
Regards Brian