View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69f bird View Post
Thank you for all of the responses. A few answers:
All new wiring, distributor, cap, etc. Under cap Electronics. When it runs, it generally runs at a reasonable temperature. The engine was built, and all the new electronics, lines, wiring (all harnesses), etc. were installed 2-3 years ago. Paul Spotts built the engine, new water pump, clearanced the water pump plate, has a stock fan shroud, new clutch fan, upper and lower baffles, new radiator, the thermostat is 180 I believe. Last year, even in 90+ degree temperatures, it ran around 190 all the time. The crossovers in the heads were aluminum filled.

When it dies, it is a hiccup and stall. When I pump the accelerator when the car is stalled, and then try to start, it wants to start, and then hiccups again. It definitely feels fuel related and not spark. It is the in-carb fuel filter, and it was clean. I have to figure out how to add a temporary fuel pressure gauge. The entire fuel setup is all new stainless lines that I do not want to damage.
Sounds like it’s flooding or vapor locking……I would double check your float height and make certain your float and needle/seat are in good condition. Set your float height a smidge lower than the specs for your carb…. Run it, and see how it responds

71 GTO, 463, KRE 295 cfm heads ported by SD Performance, RPM intake, Qjet, Dougs Headers, Comp cams HR 246/252 ...11 to 1 , 3.55 cogs, 3985lbs.....day three- 11.04 at 120mph ....1.53 60', 6.98 1/8 mile