View Single Post
Old 08-27-2021, 09:43 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff R View Post
"They will support better components in the future I guess. The caps dont fit right, the gear is cut very different, and the weights flop around. I put in a regular old GM HEI readjusted the q jet to the new dizzy and gained 50 HP probably."

Seriously you found out why I will not touch any aftermarket HEI clones for any reason. Nothing but pure JUNK!

I'll sort thru the core pile till I find a stone stock one with a good lower bushing and shaft and make a few minor changes to the advance mechanism and good to go for about 30-40 years or so. By the time it develops an issue nobody reading this is much gonna give a chit anyhow!.........FWIW.....
Glad you have the HEIs figured out. I never had one issue with the basic distributor on my TA, it was always the Modules.

__________________________________________________ ___________
__________________________________________________ ___________
Jschmitz "Suggesting that HEI's are unreliable is one of the most ridiculous things that I've read on here to date. Maybe if Ford had filled the HEI with epoxy it would be better! LOL!"

Ford did not run HEI Ignitions in their NASCAR Vehicles.
GM did not run HEI systems in their NASCAR Vehicles.

I was speaking of my experiences with HEI and MSD systems.
Go back and read the post again. The rest of your comment is typical.
You obviously know little about MSD and NASCAR racing systems.
I put a very durable Racing ignition system on my vehicle for 40+ years.
__________________________________________________ ________
__________________________________________________ ________

Thanks for the post Cliff.

We have had a nice quiet board the last couple of weeks, lots of info passed.
But we still have some who want to stir the chit on the most basic ignition type question.
99% are back to being civil with others.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 08-27-2021 at 10:03 AM.