View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 10:51 AM
Boost Engineer

A couple of other comments on post #207.
1) Occasionally I will hit the wrong key on the keyboard (for example in the second sentence above where I should have typed "BUY" and typed "BUT" by accident. Even though I try to edit the post before I submit it I miss things at times.

2) I try to break the info down into small "chunks" so that each piece of info can be mulled over and understood before I move on to the next step.

That being said, we have covered, somewhat, the Bonnet or the enclosure for the Holley Carburetor, the Fuel Tank, and touched on the fuel lines. A Bit more on the fuel lines and the fuel filtration systems available.

I personally decided to plumb my street 64 GTO for two 3/8" fuel lines using a factory replacement (slightly larger 3/8" steel line) fuel line on the driver's side of the vehicle and a 3/8" factory replacement (CHEVELLE 3/8" steel line) fuel line on the passenger side of the vehicle.
Not that expensive and two 3/8" lines would allow "staging" the fuel system vs having too much fuel pump pressure/flow at given times.

I planned on using a 1/2" Chevelle steel fuel line on the passenger side of the frame for fuel return. By doing a staging set-up I figured I would never need to return more fuel to the fuel tank vs what the 1/2" return line could pass.

One each of the 3/8" fuel lines (because I am using a dual in-tank fuel pump system) I have installed Aeromotive 10 micron high flow fuel canister fuel filters before the fuel pressure regulator. See info below. Aeromotive recommends 100 micron fuel filters (if the fuel pumps are external to the fuel tank) on the INLET side of the fuel pumps. The in-tank fuel pumps have dedicated fuel screens of the correct size on the fuel pumps so the large diameter (100 micron) canister filters are not required in this case. Tech Bulletin link attached.

http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/..._Filter_02.pdf

https://www.aeromotiveinc.com/produc...se-10m-filter/

Have a great day.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.