View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX
so the new hp series is better or worse? i guess i am not up to par on b.g.'s way of flowing carbs
I understand BG started flowing the Demons at 20" instead of 28" to get bigger ratings. I dont know if it was marketing or they were tired of customers always buying too big of a carb. (8-)
When Holley came out with the HP series they adopted the 20" test pressure as well to equalize with BG. That what I think I know about it, someone who knows better is free to correct my understanding.

On the dyno Sunday we were using a very good 1050HP series carb that worked flawlessly on the old motor. Jeff the Holley guru tweaked it up to about 693hp. The fuel consumpion curve didnt look right. I suggested we try the old 1050 Dom I had with us but the consensus was that the new HPs were a much better carb. I insisted we try the old one and 2 pulls and one jet change later we were at 725hp using the "obsolete" design Dominator. Tomorrow, its getting worked over. Holley boy promises infinate adjustability of everything. Like Im going to lift the hood anyway. LOL
Frankly I dont know what the better results means to anyone else but for me that the old style box stock carb seemed to work better on this particular combo.

Last edited by BVR421; 05-08-2008 at 03:08 PM.