Thread: Keyless entry
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
I will 100% disagree ..
1. Would I want a kid doing my classic like they can rip off door panels on new cars? Why let someone take apart a car they know Nothing about? Hack, hack...
2. The Viper systems are for Modern cars and have way more cost and features than needed.
3. The MES system and others like it are so simple. A Relay behind glove box( Trunk) and and the controller by the fuse box and like 3 wire install.
4 NO car alarm place is going to take the time to research Anything on our older classics. So they gouge door panel? IF you can replace it its 9 months out and 500 bucks...... No thanks...
No offense Neighbors...
I had just the opposite experience when the car salon near me installed my stereo. They replaced the kick panels with my pre-loaded component speaker panels. Removed the passenger seat and installed my low profile powered subwoofer without a scratch. They even honored my request to connect both my rear quarter mounted power antenna and in-windshield antenna. They neatly fitted my head unit in a small console I adapted to mount inside the glove compartment. They're all gear heads and do this custom stereo all day long and were excited to work on a classic muscle car.

Your issue is thinking all shops operate like BestBuy. You just have to look around to see whether or not the know what they're doing. You can also remove your own door panels if that is a concern. I chose to provide them a precut glovebox liner, fitted console and unmounted glove box door, figuring reassembly would be more intuitive, not that it was brain surgery anyway. They looked at my less than perfect cut in the glove box back (which you'd never see) and proceeded to test fit, enlarge the opening slightly and then hot glue windlace molding around the opening to eliminate any gap. I was impressed.