Thread: Keyless entry
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
When you shave the door handles off your wife's '72 Camaro, you have no choice but to go with keyless (and handleless) entry.

We put this in the car about 20 years ago and I don't remember where I got the kit. It's worked well after I switched out the original door poppers with bigger ones (the Camaro doors are very heavy). Since then, they've been very reliable.

I did not do the install. I don't like messing with wiring and am willing to pay someone to do stuff that I'm not good at.

I'm sure that there are good kits to do the simple task of just unlocking the doors vs actually opening the doors via a key fob.
Ha, that's what the 40 Ford was, shaved handles, so taking it out and filing it in the round can wasn't an option. He brought it over complaining he couldn't get in the car Luckily it was a 4 door so he had 3 other chances. The passenger rear was the only door that worked so he had to climb through the car.

I mainly see this stuff on the pre-war vehicles. Those street rod guys like this stuff for some reason.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE