View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 04:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Iceomatic, are you running a 3" or taller air filter with the RPM and spacer? Just wondering if the available room to the hood doesn't require a reduction in the air cleaner height, and if so I'd rather run at least a 3" air filter without the spacer.

If Iceomatic already has a nice set of 1.5 rockers, it would pay to have the custom cam ground with the desired lift in the lobes to save buying a new set of 1.65's. Cams in this range can easily be ground to mimic the off the shelf Old Faithful (or other cam of choice) with 1.65 rockers so the current 1.5 rockers can be retained.

Also, if this engine is going to be racking up miles, I get nervous as lifts exceed .600". Lifts can be extreme with a drag engine or an engine that is mostly a play toy without a bunch of longer trips to shows and stuff. The cam profile shown above has .700" lift and I cringe thinking of this engine blasting along for over an hour on the highway at 3,000+ RPM. My comfort level is much better with lifts in the .590-.600 range for true street driven cars.