Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2023, 05:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Kingbuzzo, the gauges are Dakota Digital RTX for second gen Firebird. They fit right in the bezel and are easy to install (with supplied harnesses) and set-up (there's a controller switch, but even easier to connect your phone with Bluetooth and control set-up that way). Only 2 wires from the gauges to a small control box, to which you connect sensors, turn signals, power & ground, etc.

Thanks BVZ! I'm running a Detroit Speed subframe, which sets the engine back. Detroit Speed told me they did this to improve weight distribution, but the set-back is also needed for the oil pan to have a chance of clearing the steering rack. In fact, I had to modify the front of the oil pan to make it work. I tried spacers first, but I found that this resulted in bad driveline angles and potential problems with vibrations.

I haven't played with the radio much, but I do know there are lots of choices for the readout color so should be easy to match with the gauges.