Thread: WIW 70 Formula
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 05:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I noticed that fuel pressure seems to bounce around more than it should while idling...it rapidly swings back and forth between 50 and 70psi. At first I thought it was a bad mechanical gauge, so I replaced it, but saw no change. The fluctuations don't seem to be creating any obvious drivability issues. In fact, had I not installed a gauge, I wouldn't have known. Though I do suspect the car would idle more smoothly and have more steady AFRs with stable fuel pressure. After a bit of research I learned that the most likely culprit is pulses created by the injectors opening and closing. They're a function of fuel system design, but apparently, Snipers in returnless systems are prone to having them. The recommended solution is a fuel pulse dampener. Some OEM cars come with them to address pulses that are not engineered out. I ordered an in-line version from Radium Engineering and hopefully will install this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Making progress on the interior. Cleaned up under dash wiring, installed LH kick panel, A pillar moldings, gauge bezel, and a few other odds and ends. The gauge bezel was a tight fit (thank you Just Dashes) and unfortunately it left a few small scratches in the dash pad. Really happy I went with the woodgrain bezel. Looks right at home in the Formula. I'll wait to finish the dash until I have the carpet installed...but to do that I have to finish with the Dynamat, foam, mass loaded vinyl.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5571.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	605452