View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 05:01 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRADERMIKE 2012 View Post
Mikes Answer to this: Go for the Gear Vendors. My car came with it as part of the purchase so I paid for It one way or the other. I can cruise at 3,000 RPM at 80 MPH on 15" Rims and the tallest tire Cooper could put on my Turbo 8.5 Wide Rims on the High- way with the GV on. Off, your lower 500 Rpm and better Off slowing down. I use the TH 400 Automatic with a B+M Shift kit and shifter. Add the GV button on the shifter Grip. Mike Out. P.S. Gear Vendors has a fine screen in it and it needs to stay clear and DON'T use Synthetic on a street application. Also, I run 3.23 Gears in the Rear End.
Mike Answer to this: I drive a 1979 Pontiac TA with some extra weight dual batt., Roll Bars throughout, extra fans, everything has coolers etc... The weight of the entire Vehicle is now closer to 4,000 lbs. Although I have never weighed it. Since you have the TH 400 and it works, keep it because they are original and built strong in the 1960's -69 from what I have read and experienced. See my other posts for more of my parts description's, if you wish, they might help in your decision. Mike Out. P.S. By the way, the Gear Vendors will give you 6 forward Gears (splitting each of the 3 in half) in Manual for racing or if you simply wish to wind out each Gear to its Max. RPM range. I use the Automatic switch constantly for Over Drive Daily. It will be the best money spent I can't do without mine!

Last edited by TRADERMIKE 2012; 10-14-2021 at 05:15 AM.