View Single Post
Old 02-28-2021, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They don't schedule a rental based on when someone is going to return equipment, they only schedule based on actual physical inventory. This happened when I rented my trailer in AZ, small enclosed trailers were at a premium when I rented it out west. I had to call 3 stores to reserve one. The guy managing the store I bought the hitch from, urged me to find, and reserve a trailer before I needed it because of the shortage of that particular trailer at the time.

When you rent a trailer, across country you have 7 days to return it. If you take 4 days or 7 days to return it, they have no idea what day it's coming back. I took the full 7 days, but for some reason, the place selected to return it was closed in the middle of the afternoon. Since it was the last day to return it without a extra charge, I went to the next closest dealer (10 miles away) and they accepted it with no problem. This was in November of last year, so I'm guessing the policy is still the same.

I have a storage unit that we rent monthly, and I was telling the owner about renting the U haul, and not being able to return it because he was closed in the middle of the day. He said that they were a U haul dealer at one time, but it was such a pain, and they made very little money from it, that they just quit it.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated