View Single Post
Old 02-19-2005, 07:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pont406:
GOBRDGO, You stated in another post, that you contacted Bruce about your problem,and that he offered to fix the damage, however he wasn't going to fix it for FREE. is that unreasonable? we are talking about a "race engine" are we not? sure, he should/would have to eat the labor costs, but parts would be another story, would like to hear from the engine builders who post here, on how they would handle this? I seem to remember a PY member who posted awhile back, about a quality problem with his Eheads that caused him some engine damage, when he called edelbrock, looking for help, he got none! when he posted here to "vent" most of the guys on here told him to repair the damage, take the financial setback, and move on. do any of the engine builders here give full parts and labor warranty for race/ or street/strip motors? not trying to start a p*ssing contest, but you were happy with it until something broke! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One can only guarentee workmanship on 'RACE' engines. However if a bearing/bearings go south, then I would want to see the Whole engine complete and not tampered with to determine.

Timing issues.
Detonation because of octane.
Oil starvation.
And other issues that that occurr with bearing failure.

Question?
How can a <span class="ev_code_RED">New</span> oil pump pick up with pump Fall off?
Stock pan & Pick-up or Race?

Pont406: According to the owner of the engine. He stated that RRE wouldn't Spend a Dime and I guess this is before he looked or wanted to look at the whole engine?
Just blown off completely?