View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 03:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulajones View Post
That's a good point that I forgot. If you're someone that really doesn't like a lot of tuning, or lack the know how, or don't have a laptop, and don't even want to go down that road of learning, the Pro Flo is a great option.

I know they advertise these FiTech and Holley setups to self learn and promote them as an entry level EFI for the novice, and they do okay at it. However my experience is with the Holley and I can say for sure, they really should be fine tuned. There are tables that need to be addressed with a laptop. The more radical the engine, the more necessary custom tuning is. JLMounce uses FiTech, I know he's done quite a bit of tuning with that as well.
You hit the nail on the head with me. I'm really good with both electrical and computer programming and such but I wasn't interested investing the time into a more complicated interface even though it would have more capabilities if I didn't have to. I'm much more interested in good weather cruising with something that sounds healthy and will go if I stab the pedal even though I'll rarely do that. I have no interest in racing and trying to enhance performance other than a few basic things. Another thing is that the more complicated a system is, the more there is to forget and have to re-learn if you don't do anything with it for long periods of time.

'55 Chevy Bel Air Sport Coupe - Ram Jet 350 / T56 Magnum 6spd, Restomod Completed Sept. 2012, Sold Sept. 2021 PHOTO