View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 04:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbuzzo View Post
Your car's backstory is similar to mine except it has allegedly 12k on it.

I haven't done any investigating and am highly skeptical but it was a pretty good deal even if it was 112k. There just isn't t/a's like this in my part of the world that weren't driven like hell over the years.

I wonder if it was a drag car cuz the original motor was long gone as well. Do you have the classic cracks at the front/top of yer sail panel to indicate body flexing from drag racing?

I still need to do the PHS but just like yers, shrouded in mystery so I will be watching yer investigation!
Well, I'm not sure how much real investigating I'm gonna do other than look for date codes on the speedo. Still won't prove anything but could disprove if the dates are wrong. It's OK though because I didn't pay for the car thinking it was an 8000 mile car. I figured either it rolled over or it was a replacement speedo. But now that I've heard the story it does raise the possibility. I'm really just glad to know some of the history of the car.

Also, no cracks at the sail panel.

https://youtube.com/shorts/gG15nb4FWeo?feature=share

Last edited by jhein; 12-07-2022 at 04:24 PM.