View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMounce
If you're worried about that, you should prepare to think about changing springs to drop the car a bit and correct the look.
I'm concerned about dropping 2k on wheels and tires, not being happy with the results, then having to drop another few hundred on new springs to get it where I want. I also generally hate having to deal with the front suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
My son put them on his ‘68 with Nittos (255x50-17 rear 245x45-17 front). No changes to suspension height from stock 14” Rally II’s he had on prior. These are 17 x 9’s all around.
Those look pretty good to me. I'm after the double take of wanting it to look stock at first glance. I've got a Jeep steering box, bigger sway bar in the front and a rear sway bar so upping to 17s would probably make it even more fun. Can you use stock lug nuts with those wheels or do you need shank-style lugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
A 225/55/17 will work fine on a 17x8" wheel.

But I do believe that the redline will not look "right" on a 17" tire.
The 17" Silvertowns in the pic above were on a '67 Chevelle and IMO looked pretty good because the redline is right next to the rim and thinner than what I've seen on the Diamondback redlines.

There's also tire stickers you can get in custom widths...but I have my doubts about those. https://www.tirestickers.com/shop/vi...ed-line-walls/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
I did the red pinstripes on my 17" plain black steel wheels that I run with poverty caps - and I think the placement of the stripe looks "normal" on the black wheel and the 17" tires.

I don't know that I'd like the redline on the aluminum finished rim.
Yeah, the pinstripe works best when you've got a dark rim. Not sure how it would play out on the aluminum either.

'95 Comp T/A #6 M6 - bone stock (pics)