View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin View Post
I had similar where under light load I was getting misfire chased it for weeks and turned out to be plug wires.
That has been my thinking on this, something electrical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
If your hearing the misfire out the exh then it’s most likely a tuning issue or you could even have the firing order wrong.
If the misfire is causing popping back thru the Carb then you may have a intake valve set too tight.
When the misfire occurs you can barely hear it in the exhaust.
I did examine the firing order - it is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62posbonny View Post
I am working on fine tuning a pro flo 4 as well. What are your settings for cruise and accel AFR targets? What are your timing settings for idle spark, advance start, total spark and vacuum advance? What is your IAC % at idle when fully warmed up?

So far, I am very impressed at the drivability of the system and have found that fine tuning my spark tables has paid off the most in getting a very smooth and effortless acceleration at mild throttle. My only issue is a surge at 65-70mph that equates to 2700-3000rpm in my car. Pretty confident with some more seat time I will get that ironed out too.
This will take some learning! I plan this morning to change out the cap and reroute the plug wires, especially numbers 5 and 7 and see what shakes out. If that does not work then I will examine the spark curve. It will take a bit to learn this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker455 View Post
Start with a compression test
I did this earlier - thought I had a leak in #7 intake. Pulled the heads and machine shop pronounced them excellent.