View Single Post
Old 11-13-2021, 08:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Next little group of pics are the picky stuff. Pic 1 is the valve springs. I guess they were variable rate valve springs and the purple coils are supposed to face down toward the head. He found 1 intake was installed upside down yesterday. The one pictured is correct Pic 2 The specific SD-455 TCS solenoid. I remember at the dealer taking these off and throwing them in the trash and bypassing them so the car would run much better. Some we put BB's in the hoses to keep them on the car but disable them and the EGR valves. You have to remember, customer satisfaction was the number 1 goal, and the cars ran much better without these early, crude systems functioning. Of course, emissions suffered. Pic 3 is the idle solenoid, also SD specific. Pic 5 Original tailpipes. You can tell by the little scallop on the top of the pipe. None of the aftermarket tips have this, not even the mega-buck Gardner stuff. Pic 4 spare tire inflater All these details from the owner. I didn't know any of this stuff. Sorry pic 4 and 5 got switched somehow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spring.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	577778   Click image for larger version

Name:	tcs solenoid.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	577779   Click image for larger version

Name:	idle solenoid.jpg
Views:	309