View Single Post
Old 11-19-2022, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid View Post
Lol you’re lucky nobody punted you over the rail and into the Bay!

Will definitely inspect the entire clutch linkage. Seems I once had a ‘69 Nova with a really sloppy clutch that absolutely did not want to stay adjusted. Replaced every bushing and spring between the pedal and the trans arms and suddenly it felt brand new, like I was driving Grumpy’s Toy, haha.

I am looking at a Hurst Comp/Plus shifter rebuild kit (p/n 3327303) and figuring this will work on the original factory shifter? I’d love to drop in a Super Shifter but I don’t think it’ll work with the original console which I prefer to keep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently rebuilt a Hurst shifter from the early '60's and it was pretty easy. My shims were actually ok. It was mainly crusty and way out of whack with two shims swapped. Paul at 5speeds.com has a great youtube video on disassembly and overhaul of these units. It is not hard. Nobody punted me into the bay....I was able to start the car in 1st gear and float the gears to get the remaining 3 miles or so to the welding shop by my workplace . Have had to do it a few times since with failed clutch linkage and slave cylinders on different vehicles. If you can float the gears, no need for a clutch at all. Driving non-syncrho antique cars and trucks make it a must-have skill.