View Single Post
Old 02-06-2024, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 433lemans View Post
After reviewing this I'd like to clarify what I used to polish my headlights. It was not chrome polish but instead it was Mag and Aluminum polish. Sorry. It really does work good with only a little elbow grease. Now I can sleep at night lol.
Just saw this... I use mothers mag & alum polish on my 4th gen 4runner headlight housings, alomg with many other models they get a yellowish haze to them, the mothers polish gets them looking almost like new with just hand polishing, use a buffer at low speeds & its even better.

The key to keeping them clear is to use a protective coating after polishing, normal car wax works for awhile but they will yellow again after a few months in summer sun. The headlight restore kits have a longer lasting clear you apply by hand after polishing that lasts longer than wax but not forever. Some guys use an actual paint clear that probably lasts the longest.

I dont mind doing a quick mothers polish every year or 2 to keep them nice, for $5 its well worth it & is great for polishing other aluminum items too. New toyota lights are very expensive & most the aftermarket ones are cheap & will get moisture inside or they are as expensive as factory for good ones.
The Following User Says Thank You to 78w72 For This Useful Post: