View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 05:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
Those D port heads can be had in a flat tappet version with springs hood for.575” lift before coil bind and shipped set up for 120 psi on the seat, the version of the heads set up for hydro roller use is shipped With springs that can handle the same .575” lift before coil bind , but shipped with 140 psi on the seat.

Since it sounds like you have already run these heads I would say you need the new springs and here‘s why.
To use the springs the heads where shipped with I would want you to add a .030” shim to make up for lost seat pressure .
With the .540” lift exh lift of your new cam adding the needed shim would you take you up to .570” when those as shipped springs are rated to coil bind at .575”.

In short, yes get the new springs and set them up for 150 psi on the seat and then go and have fun!
Thanks a lot!
But I got the heads with flat tappet springs and later (2000 miles ago) I changed to a HR cam, so I needed new valve springs, which are the Lunati that I mentioned. Does this change anything or still better use new springs?
Butler uses these springs if you buy a set: https://butlerperformance.com/i-3123...%3DEDL-5845%2B