View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I really think the move is to buy your own parts. Especially the ball joints. If you want to let the shop buy the bushings, especially stock replacement rubber bushings. Sure thats fine. But I would buy the ball joints yourself so you know you get good quality that will probably outlast you. Or in my case a taller upper joint as well. But then let someone else do the labor. It just seems like at least what I was quoted was a bargain to do that deal.

The biggest hassle outside of rebuilding the stamped arms without bending them, is that the frame mounts are ALSO stamped steel. Even though they are thick they are likely going to be malformed as well. I ended up having to make a spreading tool out of all-thread to get my rebuilt arms back in. I got the arms put together and thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Then I found out getting the arms back in was an ordeal in and of itself.

Then you have to take the car to the alignment shop afterwards anyway. So if you can get it done AT a front end alignment shop, that is the way to go.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports