View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tom I think they did a lot of things people don’t realize back then. If you heard the stories I’ve heard from the original drivers and guys who worked on the cars at stephens Pontiac you’d say no way to some of it.
Like the RAV trans am pro car having A Dana 60 rear in it with a GM part number. I normally don’t even post that stuff here because I know HO w the nay sayers will be. But more then one of the guys involved with that car say it. They also had an aluminum block that was referenced in a story back in 73 or 74. Can’t r,ember which year muscle car review I think it was, there’s a story that goes with that article and it’s the reason they stopped racing.

I’m just happy I’m one of the few people to launch a real RAIV firebird at 6400 rpms at the track in full race trim. All that matchy matchy stuff seems less significant to me than that. It’s nice to be accurate, but I’m sure a lot of real items are being dismissed because people SAID they didn’t happen. Not trying to knock anyone but some stuff happened that wasn’t the norm for various reasons.

I’m assuming it was a Dana 60 they just say DANA rear, To be more clear. But they also call it a RAM IV and RAM V guess that’s how they said it back then. They never ever say ram air IV

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!

Last edited by turbo69bird; 01-13-2021 at 09:14 PM.