View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm 474 View Post
Good morning, we are currently degreeing the camshaft in the 467 we are building, it is the Voodoo 704. Compression is right at 9.35-1. We installed it dot-dot with the Cloyes 9-keyway bullet set first to check it, and it came in at 107.625° Intake Centerline. We then moved the crankshaft gear to the "2A" keyway and rechecked, it came in at 105°. We haven't tried advancing anymore yet. If we move the crank gear to the "4A" keyway, and it moves the camshaft close to the same amount as it did with the "2A" keyway, in theory, it would move it down to 102.5-103° Intake Centerline. My question to you is, would you leave it at 105°, or would you advance it more, even if it came out down at 102.5-103°? I checked the lift at TDC on the Intake and Exhaust lobe, and if I measure it correctly, the Intake is open about .089", while the exhaust is only open about .067", so the Intake lift is only about .022" higher than the exhaust with it at 105° Intake Centerline.

Thanks!
If you have the time and don't mind doing it, I'd go ahead for giggles and move the crank key way to 4A and check it again.

As we all know and I'm sure you're aware, moving the keyway another 2 degrees doesn't always equate to that. It might move it 1 degree or it might move it 3 or 4. Just never know as those tolerances aren't perfect.

If it only moves it forward 1 degree that would pretty much be perfect and put lifter rise closer to what you're looking for, but only one way to find out.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE
The Following User Says Thank You to Formulajones For This Useful Post: