View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by notime View Post
John G., who owns that burgundy RA 5 now? Would like to keep track of it because that motor was in my best friends grandfathers car from new. You probably know the guy who has the car now, its a 65 bonne now owned by David Davis who lives in the Falls. I havent seen it in years, but the story is my friends dad was willed the car but David kind of took it from the mom and now the brothers dont talk anymore, but theres a lot more to the story. Do you know about this? I think you got the motor from Chuck Wright who took it out of the Bonne. He should be close to 70 now and dont have any kids. My buddy (his nephew) invited him to his wedding, but he didnt show up, but was hoping to make ammends with his family in hopes of keeping the car in the family and maybe getting the 5 motor back in it.
Hey Darrel.I just stumbled across this ,so thought i would respond.I still have have the Burgandy car.However,i sold the motor to a member here,Richard Sargeant,who has some killer cars. Chuck never owned the motor,that i know of. Actually it was not a motor,it was the heads,intake,carb,cam,rods,manifolds,and distributor. That top end was actually on Davis,s Bonneville. He put these parts on the 421.We have worked on Daves car several times,and it is a fantastic car,and he is a really nice guy.From what i gathered over the years,Dave got the car because the others were not really into cars.Dave is a true car fanatic,loves that car,babies it,and would not sell it for any amount of money.So in that respect,i think it went to the right guy.If my facts are straight. I actually bought all the RA 5 stuff from a guy named Jim Bishop. He had a distributor machine for sale in the paper.Went to look at it,and seen the ra5 stuff on the shelf,and said,"I dont want the dist machine,but i will take that pile over there!" That was about 23 years ago,and i think thats the last good deal that i have got on a Pontiac part since.