View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I am going to run full pipes. The muffler is the dynomax 17229. Anybody got any feedback on these mufflers?
Yes. Those are the shorter 14" versions. I actually prefer the longer 18" version but I do have the 14" installed on my sons mustang (18's don't fit that car). It's a complete 2 1/2" mandrel bent system with tailpipes, and a BBK "X". It's very mellow, no drone, and can easily carry on a conversation or listen to the radio. It makes a little bark at full throttle but cruising is very nice.

I run the 18" Dynomax Ultraflow version on a complete 3" system on my chevelle with a Dr. Gas X, with 3" tailpipes. I originally had Flowmaster Super 40's on the car which are 14" long. It was loud all around and droned pretty heavily at 2,000 rpm. The switch to the 18" Dynomax Ultraflows was a huge leap in the right direction. No more drone at 2,000 rpm, and idle and light throttle cruise are now fairly tame. It's noticeable but not overly loud. Full throttle it wakes up and makes some noise. The biggest improvement was the low speed and light throttle cruising, it's so much more enjoyable. Wife is actually happy to ride in the car now and I've even found myself driving it more lately.

https://youtu.be/XqEydRRRwqE