View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 06:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
...The muffler is the dynomax 17229... Anybody got any feedback on these mufflers?
I prefer the longer case, but the determining factor will be what the Pypes system was designed for in regards to case length and inlet/outlet positions.

I've always had good luck with Dynomax mufflers. On a friends car he went from cheapy turbo mufflers to Magnaflows to finally Dynomax mufflers to solve a nasty drone. First two were terrible and the Dynomax worked.

Back 18 years ago there were few options when going with a mandrel bent 3" system, I ordered and installed a kit from Torque Tech. Not a bad setup and the exhaust is still going strong today (unfortunately Torque Tech is not). Muffler of choice back then was the Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 Series. Would opt for the Dynomax today, but I have to say that the Flowmaster 50's don't have a drone and have a good sound.

Anyway, there's really plenty of room under the A-body chassis and over the axle. Here's a shot showing the pipes over the just-installed Dana 60 a few months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dana 60.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	541123  

Last edited by lust4speed; 05-26-2020 at 06:51 PM.