View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
Navy horn your comments prove that have no clue as what in accutality takes place when a air and fuel charge injested into a cylinder gets ignited and the burn / flame front starts to expand.

The level of heat that is produced when the flame front starts is the sourse of power!

When steam locomotive engines where able to get away from the old slide valves they used and go to poppet valves engineers then found they where able to do / apply what they called super heating.
This is where they send the 400 degree steam back thru the boiler again and bring its temperature up to near 700 degrees, this in turn allowed a given volume of steam to do more and more work equals more power, and it's the same dam thing as it relates to the burn rate in a combustion engine cylinder!
Good grief dude, are you seriously referencing STEAM ENGINES to try to justify your nonsense?

The heat being created by combustion goes out your exhaust. Power isn't measured in exhaust gas temp, or exhaust manifold temperature, nor is it related to the cooling system's inlet temperature. These things aren't related in any manner what-so-ever.

If what you said was correct, bigger motors would need smaller cooling systems to run as hot as possible TO MAKE BIG POWER. That's exactly opposite of how builds go. Sorry you don't understand the relation between heat, complete combustion, and emissions. I don't have time to teach it.

Steam engines...LMFAO. I've heard it all now.

77 Trans Am, 469 w/ported E-Heads via Kauffman, matched HSD intake, Butler Performance forged rotating assembly, Comp custom hyd roller, Q-jet, Art Carr 200 4R, 3.42s, 3 inch exhaust w/Doug's cutouts, D.U.I. Ignition. 7.40 in the 8th, 11.61@116.07 in the quarter...still tuning.