Thread: STP oil filters
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When the guy cuts the filter open and displays the guts as he disassembles the filter, I'm at a loss as to how someone can be deceived????

Then you have two or more videos with different people showing the exact same results of internal components, how is that possible you're being deceived???? I actually watched 3 different videos of the disassembly of the HP filters showing the same internal parts in all 3 videos, cardboard and glue.

BTW, if you check, I acknowledged in my previous posts that even though I don't like Fram filters, they sell tens of thousands of them everyday, and people have zero problems with them. I also have witnessed collapsed Fram filters that have harmed engines, however they aren't failing at a high enough rate under daily driver demands. I'm sure if someone tried to pursue that a defective/failed filter caused engine damage, they would run into a stonewall legal team, and give up. I doubt that there are enough filter failures to support a class action suit, but there are some failures, that I have seen personally

I ran into a similar scenario trying to take on the Pennzoil company when they tried to evict me from the service station that I leased from them. The ultimatum I got from the big wheels at Pennzoil, "We have more money than you do, and we'll win". they did, and I had to fold, even though they were wrong.

I have personally seen the insides of the bottom dollar Fram filters, and I wouldn't use them on my vehicles. However I have no faith in any full flow filters to actually clean oil to a point where it doesn't load up with particulate the longer it's in an engine causing oil to turn into a fine abrasive laden liquid. Then when the engine is switched off, the particulate that a full flow filter can't filter from the oil settles into the low spots and crevices in the engine starting deposits of sludge. Flushing the engine with fresh oil (oil changes) is the only way to negate the deficiencies of a full flow filter system, and it has to be done regularly or the oil becomes contaminated to the point it causes deposits and internal engine wear.

I want the best possible oil filter available, the reason I place my faith in by pass filters, rather than full flow filters. I have studied the science of oil filters more than the average person that thinks the OEM full flow filter is all that is required.

Compared to the media in a by pass filter, the media in any full flow filter is inferior, I don't care who makes it, or whose name is on the can. There are much better alternatives than full flow OEM style oil filters.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated