View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 08:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dld View Post
The single stage is the same chemical makeup as the clear only without pigment. So the uv is still there. This is why you can as your term (cocktail) can be done. This I have done with the thinking it would enhance gloss. this is unproven afaik

B/C is a must on a metallic color especially if sand and buffing is in the plan. but not so much on a solid color. The solid color can be sanded and buffed w/o the clear.

The clear over solid color adds nothing to gloss or life to job. Single stage also is less costly and less time to do. Repair is also EZer to repair . One more advantage could be that if at any point in paint process you need to do a repair or improvement to job you can just spray another coat. some shops paint car then sand it out and apply more coats as a final finish.

Factory clear coats every vehicle now due to there paint system

But in ether case a good shop can produce the same result. A excellent job.

Whatever you choose make sure the shop you choose is comfortable with the system you choose. This can affect the job more than you may think
I would say 99% of the shops out there ....would refuse to paint a guys car if he came in with a paint system different than theirs....I know I would.