View Single Post
Old 07-14-2023, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Autotec for the pistons. They are fully customizable for what you want to do. Buy them through Paul K.

The trick is to have the heads CC'd after all the machine work is done, that way you know the head CC for sure. Then order pistons. I once had a set of Ross pistons done with a 20CC dish for a set of 670s. The machinist assumed they were 72CCs. Turns out they were 76CCs and the compression was lower than it should have been.

If the valve seats are ate up, it needs seats. The stock valves are 50+ years old, replace all of them. Guides often need inserts. Cost it out, often the cost of a full iron head rebuild can approach speedmaster aluminum heads.

For cam, use a slow ramp cam like a factory cam or a Summit 2801. I use the 2802 at 9.8:1, 2801 would be good for less compression and stall. The proper valvespring pressure and valvetrain geometry is key to cam life.

Ditto on forged rods. I beam forged rods 6.625/2.250 are about $390. Cheap insurance. Balance any time a rod/piston/crank is replaced.

White '67 LeMans 407/TH350/Ford 3.89... RIP
Red '67 LeMans. 407/TH400/Ford 3.25