View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm not a gun guy but with that being said I do have a small collection. I still have my first rifle. A Remington 22 bolt action I received for my 10th birthday. It is and always has been my plinker. I remember riding around the small town in Northern CA I grew up in with the 22 across my handlebars. Constable would see me and ask where I'm shooting today. No hassle, just wanting to know in case something happened. Those were different kind of days.

Most of my active shooting was done in the Navy. As a SeaBee we were required to be qualified on all weapons in our inventory. Assigned to Naval Special Warfare for seven years allowed lots of range time with their fine selection of weapons. When the rest of the Navy transitioned to the 9mm, SEAL teams were operating with HK 45s. I remember one particular rainy, windy day we were out on the small arms range with new, out of the box, HKs. I qualified Expert whereas with the 9mm, I could never get above Marksman. Our Master Chief hated the 9mm. He called it a brick. "You can do more damage throwing this weapon at your enemy than shooting him with it" was his favorite saying.

Now as a civilian I occasionally go out to the desert with my ex-military buddies. They have their ARs and other assorted 'Lightweights' as I jokingly call them. I'm a lever action guy myself. I bring my Browning Model 1886 45/70, Model 94 30-30 and trusty 22 to shoot.
An Ithaca 12 gage that once belonged to my Dad rounds out my small collection. He said it makes an impression on unwanted visitors that come to the door. But that's another story...

Again, not a gun guy, but quite familiar if the need arises.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_d44.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	515763   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_d49.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	515764   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_d48.jpg
Views:	57