View Single Post
Old 10-28-2023, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks all

At this chapter in my story I didn't want to spend $300 for a dual snorkel and really don't care if the air cleaner is stock. I have no performance goals.. it's a stock 350 with 11 heads, low-compression, Summit 2800, stock logs, dual exhaust. I suspect the air cleaner is not going to influence the performance...

I just thought a stock air cleaner might make it easier to get a low-hassle solution but I'd be happy if I could make what I have work.

I'm surprised to hear a dual snorkel would be used on any 4-bbl 400 in a 70 Tempest/LeMans and expected a single-snorkel... but that's why I asked what would have been there.

What I'm trying to do is fix some issues with my current set-up, which is:

71 Intake
Buick 7029240, Pontiac throttle arm and linkage
Divorced choke
Moroso air cleaner
No heat riser

I struggled to get a breather hose from the valve cover to the Moroso air cleaner base. The routing and fittings did not drop out of the sky, but I can make anything difficult.

When I finally got a breather config I thought would work, the throttle linkage is interfering with the air cleaner.

I haven't spent any time understanding the issue and maybe the fix is as simple as rotating the air cleaner base.

Or maybe you can suggest a better way to run the breather tube?

I'll try to post a couple photos later today.

Mike